The last thing anyone who is over-indebted needs is to be pushed into a difficult situation and choose an inappropriate solution. Different people struggling with debts have different characteristics; relief and financial rehabilitation needs to be tailored to their specific circumstances.
Chamberlains’ team can vigorously represent bankruptcy trustees in complex matters and can also sensitively develop an appropriate course of action for individuals— including company directors— whether they are dealing with bankruptcy, personal insolvency agreements, compositions and annulments, property disputes, family law proceedings or voidable transactions. We can also chart a route for those administering the estate of someone who was bankrupt at their death, or whose estate becomes insolvent during disposal.
Do you owe people money? Are you being pursued by your creditors?
Our insolvency lawyers are experts in working with individuals who are in financial distress and can help you to achieve an optimal outcome, particularly if you are:
- In debt;
- Being pursued by your creditors and/or debt collectors;
- Stressed, have too much debt and want to know your legal options;
- Already considering bankruptcy; or
- Exploring your options regarding either a:
- Part IX consumer debt agreement; or
- Part X personal insolvency agreement.
Are you a bankruptcy trustee?
Our team are highly skilled in acting for bankruptcy trustees in everything from straight forward administrative and procedural dealings with AFSA to complex court proceedings and public examinations, and have a breadth of expertise in amongst other things:
- Professional compliance and administrative matters before the Official Receiver;
- Public examinations both in Court and before AFSA officials;
- Section 305 funding applications;
- Section 77A notices and related proceedings;
- Voidable transaction and trust recoveries;
- Section 139ZQ notices and related proceedings;
- Sale of real property and related negotiations and court applications;
- Applications for the appointment of trustees for sale;
- Remuneration and directions applications; and
- Specialist services including family law and deceased estate matters.
Specialist Services – Family Law, Deceased Estates & Bankruptcy
Unlike many other law firms, we work in a non-siloed way, meaning our insolvency experts work hand in hand with our family law and deceased estate experts to provide targeted and efficient advice and representation to you when your bankruptcy matter becomes intermingled with a family law or deceased estate issue. Whether it is assisting a bankruptcy trustee to resolve an estate’s interest in a family law property pool, or assisting the administrator of a deceased estate to convert the estate to a bankrupt deceased estate, we are perfectly equipped to assist. Day or night, we’re with you.